Institute for Energy and Environmental Research (ifeu)
The Institute for Energy and Environmental Research (ifeu) is an independent ecological research institute and was established in 1978 by scientists from the University of Heidelberg. The founders intended it to be an independent center of excellence for environmental research.
Currently, ifeu has a staff of more than 80, including about 70 scientists from a wide range of disciplines and engineers, as well as graduates, post-graduate students and office managers.
- Main office: in Heidelberg, satellite office in Berlin
- Founding year: 1978 by scientists of the Heidelberg University staff
- head count: more than 80 employees
- Main scientific areas: environmental impacts of transports, energy supply and renewable energy sources, life cycle assessment, air pollution control, sustainable development, environmental impact assessment, and environmental management.
- Executive directors: Andreas Detzel, Lothar Eisenmann and Dr. Martin Pehnt