Ecologic Institute conducts inter- and transdisciplinary environmental research. The experts at Ecologic Institute also prepare political analyses and function as consultants. Ecologic Institute operates branches in Berlin, Brussels and Washington DC. In its role as a private, independent organization, Ecologic Institute is dedicated to the preparation of relevant sociopolitical aspects of sustainability research and contributing new knowledge to environmental policy. Innovative research methods, an orientation on practice and a transdisciplinary approach ensure scientific excellent and social relevance. The work done at Ecologic Institute covers the spectrum of environmental topics and includes the integration of environment-related issues into other political spheres.
Ecologic Institute was founded in 1995 and collaborates closely with other European and international bodies, including active participation as a member of the Ecological Research Network (Ecornet). Today, the more than 100 individuals at Ecologic Institute work in a variety of international and interdisciplinary project teams.
- Locations: Offices in Berlin and Brussels in the EU and in Washington, DC, in the United States
- Founding: Founded in 1995 as an independent research organization
- Number of employees: more than 100 employees
- Expertise: Climate, energy, water, resource efficieny, biodiversity, EU environmental policy, agriculture, Arctic, development, policy assessment, and global knowledge exchange, especially in the transatlantic context
- Director and CEO: Dr. Camilla Bausch