The members of the Ecological Research Network (Ecornet) are eight independent, non-profit institutes for environmental and sustainability research in Germany. They employ a total of around 800 staff and their research projects are financed mainly through third-party funding. Thus there is a permanent incentive for high innovation, flexibility and connectivity to the addressees of research and policy consulting. Ecornet‘s profile is characterized by critical, transdisciplinary sustainability research.
- Ecologic Institute
- Institute for Energy and Environmental Research (ifeu)
- Institute for Ecological Economy Research (IÖW)
- ISOE – Institute for Social-Ecological Research
- IZT – Institute for Futures Studies and Technology Assessment
- Independent Institute for Environmental Issues (UfU)
- Wuppertal Institute