Ursula von der Leyen, the new President of the European Commission, took office today, on 1 December 2019. As one of her first proposals, she promised to propose a European Climate Law in the first 100 days of her term in office. This 'Law' is a critical step to make Europe climate neutral. It can close gaps in existing EU climate rules. These gaps will impede the EU from becoming climate neutral before 2050. A new paper by Ecologic Institute discusses what a European Climate Law should look like, and how it could close existing gaps. The paper is available for download.
Contact: Dr. Nils Meyer-Ohlendorf (Ecologic Institute)
- Download: A European Climate Law – What Should It Look Like? [pdf, 600 kB, English]
- A Climate Law for Europe – Publication
- Ein europäisches Klimaschutzgesetz – Publication
- Klimaschutzgesetze in Europa – Publication
- Klimaschutzgesetze in Europa – Von anderen lernen – Podcast
- Landesklimaschutzgesetze in Deutschland – Publication